Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Operation Make Time: Me Time

Finally got to have a day out for ME!  No husband and no kid all day, well mostly all day.  My girlfriend and I decided to go on a shopping trip.  One I really needed since I got rid of all my clothes thinking I would never fit in them again.  Oops.

So we went to an outlet mall that was fairly close by.  I finally got some bras that fit me properly.  It's truly amazing what pregnancy does to your body.  Even though I am the same weight as I was pre pregnancy, things just aren't the same.  So maybe it wasn't TERRIBLE that I got rid of my clothes since they probably wouldn't fit the way they used to anyway.

After a few hours, we stopped in a restaurant for some adult beverages and food.  Another little pleasure I rarely get.  Our bartender was great too.  We somehow managed to get there after a big rush and he was a little flush (probably from running around) but was perky as ever.  My girlfriend even asked me if we were just to assume he was gay because he was THAT perky.  Just the pick me up we needed to finish off our trip.

It was really nice to get out with her.  Shopping is usually one of those things I like to do alone, but she is a great person to shop with.  And the hubby got to spend some alone time with our daughter.  The best part was I didn't really think about either of them.  I didn't have to worry or run after or take care of anyone but me.  It felt like a luxury.

Sweet, sweet freedom.  That should last me a week ... maybe.

4 comments:

  1. My kids are older and I'm still working on "Make Time for Me" to kick in. I normally have a few minutes of time to myself before I go to bed. This summer, I am definitely making time for me. A day out with a friend sounds wonderful....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It finally felt like I could unload and focus on something for me and she is like a sister to me so it was VERY relaxing. Hope you get some quality time for you soon.

      Delete
  2. I love shopping! I actually had to put myself on a break. I've recently fallen in love with Dress Barn, and let's just say that my credit card is still hurting from my 2-day spree haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought dress barn was not so great until I went in. Totally see how that could happen!

      Delete